warning Outdated Browser Warning!
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer to view this site. Your browser is no longer supported by Microsoft and is a major security threat to your computer. Additionally, this site will not function correctly in your browser.
Books to Buy
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Ubik by Philip K. Dick
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- Black God’s Drums by P. Djèlí Clark
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
I prepped way too much material for this course, so here is a list of stories that did not make it onto the syllabus, but probably should have.
- Stanley Weinbaum, “A Martian Odyssey”
- John W. Campbell, “Twilight”
- C.L. Moore, “No Woman Born”
- Philip Jose Farmer, “Sail On! Sail On!”
- James Tiptree Jr., “The Last Flight of Dr. Ain”
- Samuel R. Delany, “Driftglass”
- Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”
- Joanna Russ, “Barbarians”
- Octavia Butler, “Bloodchild”
- Margaret Killjoy, “The Fortunate Death of Jonathan Sandelson”
- Mary Robinette Kowal, “The Lady Astronauts of Mars”
- N.K. Jemisin, Something from How Long Until Black Future Month?